[DRBD-user] Master - master and split brain if network is saturated

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Jan 16 01:56:36 CET 2012

On 01/15/2012 07:36 PM, Steve Kieu wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am still currently testing DRBD + OCFS2 in both master nodes and
> notices that if the networks interface is sort of saturated DRBD drop
> the connection.

This is not a surprise. If the packets don't arrive in time, be it from
a failed link or a saturated link, it appears the same to DRBD and will
trigger the fence handler.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron