[DRBD-user] Best Distribuition for DRBD Deployment

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa ildefonso.camargo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:14:09 CET 2012

Well, to all of you fans of RHEL and derivatives: starting on version
6, it is no longer part of the distro (paid add-on to RHEL): you will
have to use unofficial repositories in order to get drbd (on CentOS /
Scientific Linux), on RHEL, you would have to buy the add-on.  I'm not
against paying people for their work (RHEL is good, and they deserve
the payment for their effort), but I just don't use to handle
customers with enough money to pay RHEL + HA plugin.... I donate to
projects when I can, however.

For me, I would use either Debian or Ubuntu server LTS (even with
shorter support term, I prefer Debian, but is just a personal
preference).