[DRBD-user] Infiniband and Ethernet replication, interface bonding

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Wed Feb 22 03:20:38 CET 2012

Hello,

The stock bonding module in recent kernels can handle a combination of
IPOIB (ib0) and regular ethernet links.
So I'm pondering using a GBE link as backup in case the primary infiniband
link fails (never had a network card fail on me, though, direct connect).

However what I haven't been able to determine is if the resulting bond0
interface can be given the 64k MTU IPOIB in connected mode works best with.

As in, will such a MTU a) work and b) work well with GBE in case of a
failover.

Anybody here done this before?

Regards,

Christian