[DRBD-user] IO error when mounting device

Lawrence Strydom lawrence at junkmail.co.za
Fri Feb 17 10:15:45 CET 2012

Hi List,

I used DRBD in dual primary mode with ocfs2 for my load balancing web
server cluster. I didn't encounter any errors during setup and when I
put the web site on the DRBD device on the primary node, it replicated
without any errors. It has been running fine during the week of testing
but this morning when we updated code located on the DRBD device we
noticed it was not replicating to the secondary node.
the DRBD device was mounted on both nodes but /proc/drbd output this:

*version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
GIT-hash: ea9e28dbff98e331a62bcbcc63a6135808fe2917 build by
root at web01.junkmail.co.za, 2012-01-10 09:54:40
  0: cs:StandAlone ro:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown   r----
     ns:0 nr:0 dw:5960937 dr:5047235 al:1490 bm:1363 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
ep:1 wo:b oos:8840028*

I restarted drbd and ocfs2 but still the result was the same. Next I
rebooted the misbehaving node and noticed when it came back up that the
DRBD device was no longer mounted.

Trying to mount the device manually returns this error:
*mount /dev/drbd0
mount.ocfs2: I/O error on channel while opening device /dev/drbd0*

A tail of the log file shows nothing but an earlier entry shows this:

*Feb 17 10:47:54 web02 kernel: [   13.531600] block drbd0: disk(
Attaching -> UpToDate )
Feb 17 10:47:54 web02 kernel: [   13.535865] block drbd0: conn(
StandAlone -> Unconnected )
Feb 17 10:47:54 web02 kernel: [   13.535889] block drbd0: Starting
receiver thread (from drbd0_worker [1484])
Feb 17 10:47:54 web02 kernel: [   13.535998] block drbd0: receiver
(re)started
Feb 17 10:47:54 web02 kernel: [   13.536006] block drbd0: conn(
Unconnected -> WFConnection )

*This is my r1.res file:

*===============================================================
resource r1 {
         meta-disk internal;
         device /dev/drbd0;
         disk /dev/vol01/docroot;

         syncer { rate 1000M; }
         net {
                 allow-two-primaries;
                 after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes;
                 after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
                 after-sb-2pri disconnect;
         }
         startup { become-primary-on both; }

         on web01.junkmail.co.za { address 10.0.0.111:7789; }
         on web02.junkmail.co.za { address 10.0.0.112:7789; }
}*
*===============================================================*

Here is /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf:

*cluster:
     node_count = 2
     name = jbm_web

node:
     ip_port = 7777
     ip_address = 10.0.0.111
     number = 1
     name = web01
     cluster = jbm_web

node:
     ip_port = 7777
     ip_address = 10.0.0.112
     number = 2
     name = web02
     cluster = jbm_web

*Any help/ideas much appreciated - the pressure is on here.

Thanks
*

*
*-- *
*Lawrence Strydom*
*Linux System Administrator*
Junk Mail Publishing Group
Tel : (+27) 12 342 3840 Ext 2811
Fax : 0000
Email : lawrence at junkmail.co.za

*NOW FREE . NOW LIVE . BUY & SELL IN MINUTES*

Join us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/junkmailclassifieds> Place
Free Ad
<http://www.junkmail.co.za/post-free-ad?utm_source=inhouse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EmailSignature>
Browse Classifieds
<http://www.junkmail.co.za/r-southafrica-classifieds-QZQYRgnQX0005?utm_source=inhouse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EmailSignature>

*Link to MAP:
http://maps.google.co.za/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1312+Pretorius+Str,+Hatfield,+Pretoria&sll=-
<http://maps.google.co.za/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1312+Pretorius+Str,+Hatfield,+Pretoria&sll=->*

Please visit:
<http://maps.google.co.za/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1312+Pretorius+Str,+Hatfield,+Pretoria&sll=->www.junkmail.co.za
<http://www.junkmail.co.za> www.jobmail.co.za <http://www.jobmail.co.za>
www.capeads.co.za <http://www.capeads.co.za> www.lovemail.co.za
<http://www.lovemail.co.za>
www.saautomart.co.za <http://www.saautomart.co.za>
www.truckandtrailer.co.za <http://www.truckandtrailer.co.za>
www.buyandsell4x4.co.za <http://www.buyandsell4x4.co.za>
www.bikeandquadmart.co.za <http://www.bikeandquadmart.co.za>
Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail and its attachments may contain
information that is confidential and that may be
subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not peruse, use, disclose,
distribute, copy or retain this message. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and return and thereafter
destroy the original message. Please note
that e-mails are subject to viruses, data corruption, delay,
interception and unauthorised amendment, and that the
sender does not accept liability for any damages that may be incurred as
a result of communication by e-mail. No
employee or intermediary is authorised to conclude a binding agreement
on behalf of the sender by e-mail without
express written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of the
sender. By transmitting this e-mail message
over the Internet the sender does not intend to allow the contents
hereof to become part of the public domain, and
the confidential nature of the contents shall not be altered or
diminished from by such transmission.