[DRBD-user] drbd stuck in WFbitmaps state in WAN link

papu bhattacharya papubhat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:58:31 CET 2012

Hi All,
I have successfully setup a DRBD setup between two server in my lan setup.
The speed is 100 Mbps.  The next staage was to do a DR setup with wan link.
The WAN link speed is 2Mbps.  In wan link , i see the DRBD is stuck in
WFBitmaps state. Whenever i change the link , it works fine, but in my wan
L2 link , it is always stuck in WFBitmaps. As i search the different forums
, i see that most potential reason could be the MTU size of the link. Does
MTU size really matters? My wan link MTU size is 1500 default and it does
not support zumbo frame. Is there any option that can make DRBD to work in
1500 MTU size.

Thanks in advance.

Papu