[DRBD-user] io error when mounting drbd device

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Feb 17 13:40:01 CET 2012

Hi,

On 02/17/2012 01:34 PM, David Coulson wrote:
> Plug it in, give it a /30 network on a unused subnet. Shutdown drbd on
> both sides, change the IPs in the config, start drbd back up - It should
> auto resync anything and become uptodate/uptodate.

actually, there is no need to disable DRBD.
Configure your network, update the drbd config, then drbdadm ajust all.

You can keep your FS mounted, all you're changing is the network side of
things.
Of course, you cannot do this while a dual-primary is in action, but
while you're StandAlone it's no issue at all.

> You probably would also want to configure ocfs2 to use the same
> interface for its DLM.

As in "definitely" :-)

But for your stonith implementation: That should *not* rely on this new
link.

Cheers,
Felix