[DRBD-user] Read performance goes really low while writing.

Brian R. Hellman brian at linbit.com
Thu Feb 2 17:14:21 CET 2012

On 02/01/2012 05:16 PM, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm doing some experimentation with DRBD and relatively low speed
> links (~30Mbps), with latency around 34ms.  I have this:

^^^ I think that's where your problem is. Your buffers are probably
filling up causing the slow down, which is also why you don't see the
issue while DRBD isn't connected. Even with Protocol A your buffer is
only so big.  In situations like this we recommend people use DRBD
Proxy.  If you're interested in giving it a try let us (LINBIT) know.
We use it internally to replicate data from Beaverton, OR to Vienna,
Austria and it works quite well.