[DRBD-user] can't mount on secondary node

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Feb 1 10:43:23 CET 2012

Hi!

On 02/01/2012 10:02 AM, Lawrence Strydom wrote:
> Hi List.
>
> I am having trouble mounting my drbd device on the seccondary node.  It
> mounts fine on the primary but when i try and mount it on the seccondary
> [...]
> What am I missing here?

This: http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/ch-features.html#s-single-primary-mode

You're not supposed to mount the secondary, nor do raw access to its
block device or anything else.
The secondary is off limits. If you want to access it, promote it.

If you want to access your data on both nodes, you will need a
dual-primary cluster. The setup for those is somewhat more complicated
(if done right).

HTH,
Felix