[DRBD-user] Slower disk throughput on DRBD partition

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Wed Feb 1 09:35:51 CET 2012

> Hi
>
> I've configured DRBD with a view to use it with MySQL (and later on
> Pacemaker + Corosync) in a 2 nodes primary/secondary
> (master/slave) setup.

> No replication over the 1Gb/s crossover cable is taking place since the
> secondary node is down yet there's x2 lower disk performance.
>
> I've tried to add:
>   disk {
>     disk-barrier no;
>     disk-flushes no;
>     md-flushes no;
>   }
> to the config but it didn't seem to change anything.
>
> Am I missing something here?
> On another note is 8.4.1 the right version to use?

If you can do it just for testing, try changing to protocol B with one primary and one secondary and see how that impacts your performance, both with barrier/flushes on and off. I'm not sure if it will help but if protocol B makes things faster then it might hint as to where to start looking...

James