[DRBD-user] DRBD Performance Issue

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed Dec 26 19:15:39 CET 2012

On 12/25/2012 01:55 PM, Kevin Holly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i link the proxmox thread here for orientation:
>
> https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/12268-DRBD-Performance-Problem
>
> "tom" told me i should ask my question here. May i get a better answer
> here?
>
> Where is my bottleneck in this setup?

First, 'hdparm -tT /dev/foo' is not an accurate benchmarking program.
I'd recommend bonnie++ with a test size that is double your system's
RAM. Do this test on both nodes.

Second, I've found that realtek network cards are very poor quality. As
a test, flip DRBD over to use the unbonded Intel NIC as a test.

Simplify things. Go back to a bare configuration (default values for
everything), get a base-line performance and then tweak one thing at a
time, re-testing performance after each change.

--
Digimer
access to education?