[DRBD-user] FileSystem Resource Won't Start

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Tue Dec 11 23:03:10 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

I would recommend checking out this link and the next page after it:
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-sets-ordering.html

It get's confusing the first dozen times reading through it but you can write ordering and collocation statements that have sets of resources that are not started sequentially and dependent on each other.  That way you can have 3 mysql's that are not dependent on each other but are dependent on the FS in one statement instead of writing 3 statement.

If doing that be especially careful with the collocation statements because once you have a set (more than 2 resources with same action) the "order" of dependency is reversed - this only applies to collocation statements.  You can see the way it is actually going to be enforced by the cluster by running "crm configure show xml" - the XML will display the actual order of the collocation.

Couple quick examples then I'm off for the day :-)

mysql's all have to run on same node as g_clust08 but are not affected by changes in the other mysql instances. Parenthesis indicates resources do don't depend on each others state.
collocation c_example inf: (mysql_1 mysql_2 mysql_3) g_clust08

mysql's all have to wait for g_clust08 to start but they can all start simultaneously once g_clust08 is done.  If one mysql is stopped the others are not affected. Parenthesis indicate the resource can be started in parallel.
order o_example inf: g_clust08 (mysql_1 mysql_2 mysql_3)

Jake