[DRBD-user] Extend DRBD resource & PV size

AZ 9901 az9901 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:56:37 CET 2012

Hello,

I work with DRBD 8.3.14.

On each node, my configuration is :
- internal meta-data
- one raid-array as backing device for DRBD, size 1TB
- LVM on top of DRBD (r1 given as a PV to LVM)

I would like to extend the size of the DRBD resource to have a bigger PV.

Here are the 3 steps I already did :
- removed the secondary node, replaced it with a 2TB capacity
--> DRBD re-synced 1TB from primary to secondary
- made this 2TB secondary the new primary
- removed the secondary node, replaced it with a 2TB capacity
--> DRBD is now re-syncing 2TB from primary to secondary

What should I do next ?
- drbdadm resize ? Seems that DRBD already knows the 2TB size so perhaps this is not needed.
- pvresize ?
- something else... ?

What about meta-data ?
Did they grow during my 3 first steps ?
Do I need to do something else with them ?

Last question, I did not manage to find the command which shows the size of the DRBD resource.
Could you tell me ?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Ben