[DRBD-user] State switches, flaky connection?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 20 17:31:45 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 05:20:23PM +0300, Jarno Elonen wrote:
> Follow-up: I tried the GIT master and it indeed fixed the problems.
> Very stable so far.
>
> version: 8.3.13 (api:88/proto:86-97)
> GIT-hash: af9d7bf3be4ee157a991f5194ad79a9d94a08bac
>
> Just one question: should I continue using this or revert to some
> older, perhaps more stable, release?

I'm not aware of any problems with current 8.3 git master
(the hash quoted above).

It however contains a new "feature", which may have unexpected side-effects:
we finally announce to upper layers FLUSH/FUA capability,
respectively the need to receive such requests.

So you can now mount -o barrier,
or may want to mount -o nobarrier,
in case you run into performance issues and live on non-volatile caches.

--
: Lars Ellenberg