[DRBD-user] drbd 8.3 - 6 nodes

Umarzuki Mochlis umarzuki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:41:14 CEST 2012

Pada 6 Mac 2012 7:13 PTG, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki at gmail.com> menulis:
> Pada 6 Mac 2012 6:57 PTG, Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net> menulis:
>
> addendum:
>
> what i want to do is storage failover since email service's clustering
> is handled by zimbra-cluster and rgmaner + cman on centos
>
> the reason we're using drbd is because we have no budget for remote
> mirroring which requires 2 SAN routers on current network setup

What would happen if when one of the mailbox node (e.g.: mailbox 1) in
primary would be restarted (fenced) on standby mailbox (mailbox 3)?
Will it be possible that DRBD would fail and LUN would be corrupted if
I were to setup email servers like below?

Primary
-------
master LDAP
replica LDAP
1st mailbox
2nd mailbox
3rd mailbox

Secondary
--------
replica LDAP (replicates master LDAP in primary)
replica LDAP (replicates master LDAP in primary)
1st mailbox (sync own LUN with 1st mailbox in primary via DRBD)
2nd mailbox (sync own LUN with 2nd mailbox in primary via DRBD)
3rd mailbox

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis