[DRBD-user] Three node cluster?

Brian R. Hellman brian at linbit.com
Tue Apr 17 17:43:20 CEST 2012

On 04/17/2012 03:12 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Basically DRBD only works with two nodes. You can add a third one in a stacked
> setup. But I don't know if an active/active setup is possible.
>
> Better think about using your two-node DRBD as a iSCSI portal for the virtual
> machines. Your can set this up with three nodes making the virtual machines
> free moveable between all nodes in the cluster.
>
> Greetings,

While DRBD only work with 2 nodes today, 1 to many and multiple
primaries (more than 2) is on the way with DRBD 9.  DRBD 9 should be out
in q3/q4 of this year.

So in short, stay tuned, our DRBD developers are hard at work building
next generation features.

Brian

--

: Brian Hellman
: LINBIT | "Your Way to High Availability"