[DRBD-user] Antwort: Re: Hardware-recomendation needed

Ted Young mail at tedyoung.me
Mon Apr 2 18:52:14 CEST 2012

> There are other benefits to switches; Bandwidth monitoring, cable
diagnostics, etc.

If you do have the time, I would love to see any benchmarks you could
perform!

I had debated whether or not to use a switch between the two storage servers
for quite some time.  I decided simply to factor out the switch to save room
on the switch and reduce complexity.  I simply assumed that it could not
hurt performance (but not necessarily improve performance) to remove the
switches.  However, we have yet to buy our hardware side have no way to
actually test that.

Ted Young