[DRBD-user] Hardware-recomendation needed

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Mon Apr 2 09:39:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 04/01/2012 11:57 PM, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Its not the "network layer in drbd", its "the sending buffer, the
> switch, the receiving buffer, the remote disk latency, the sending
> buffer, the switch, the receiving buffer" of DRBD with protocol C.

if your DRBD setup comprises a switch (and hence probably lots of
DRBD-unrelated traffice on the same NIC), the performance issues are
well deserved punishment you're getting.

Whenever possible, DRBD should use a dedicated back-to-back link.
Buffers should not pose much of an issue then, either.

Regards,
Felix