[DRBD-user] Setting as Primary during sync?

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Thu Sep 29 15:44:00 CEST 2011

You can make a node primary during sync, or even when it does not have a
backing device. Primary/secondary status has little to do with the
status of the backing device, unless you do not have at least one
UpToDate device in the resource.

Just 'drbdadm secondary <resource>' on the current primary, and 'drbdadm
primary <resource>' on the new primary.

David