[DRBD-user] Can't Get DRBD Master/Slave out of secondary/secondary using pacemaker

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Sep 23 22:24:23 CEST 2011

On Friday 23 September 2011 21:23:55 Florian Haas wrote:
> On 2011-09-23 19:06, Arnold Krille wrote:

> >> Incorrect; should be "colocation mysql_on_drbd inf: HAServices
> >> ms_drbd_mysql:Master"
> >
> > As far as I understand both the docs and my practical experience, the
> > order of elements in the colocation is irrelevant.
> Not trying to challenge your experience or your understanding of the
> documentation, but the idea that colocation constraints are
> non-directional is simply a wrong assumption.
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/mwiki/images/6/61/Colocation_Explained.pdf
> Slide 2.

Challenge accepted:) I will check my experience next week, the cluster
concerned isn't yet in productional use.

> > The order in groups or in order-statements however is not.
> For a group, that is of course unless is has meta ordered=false.

Unordered groups inside ordered groups are something I have to get my head
around too. But probably my cluster definitions will be more complex than
"simple" groups inside groups because for two machines there is the chain of
drbd-ms->gfs->mount->libvirt, for the (not yet realized) extensions it will be
iscsi->gfs->mount->libvirt. And the prerequisite for virtual machine should
only be "libvirt"...

Have a nice weekend,

Arnold