[DRBD-user] DRBD, Xen, HVM and live migration

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Sep 23 13:03:32 CEST 2011

On 09/23/2011 12:49 PM, Arnold Krille wrote:
> And if there is a penalty for using image-files for the vm, I haven't
> encountered any.

That's literally the first time I hear someone make this statement, ever.

But then, I never did any benchmarks myself and have to rely on heresay.

Still, depending on your workload, I can see no reason why direct disk
access shouldn't have (at least potential) performance advantages.
Furthermore, I see little benefit in image files (in the OP's scenario,
who isn't gunning for a 4+ node cluster).

Still, your cluster sketch is quite intriguing.

Cheers,
Felix