[DRBD-user] Enabling a stacked resource - HELP!

Keith Coleman list.keith at scaltro.com
Fri Sep 23 02:17:00 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:07:25AM -0700, SlingPirate wrote:
>>
>> Sorry about this it's just that I want to be absolutely certain.
>>
>> With the 3 node setup i could have both node 1 & node 2 reading & writing at
>> the same time?
>>
>> Both local nodes would
>
> No, of course not.  And that is not needed.
> How about one DRBD per VM backing store block device?

In case you are already doing this and occasionally switching to
dual-primary for live migrations what is the best way to leverage the
three-node DR option? Surely this is a common configuration but the
"classic" three-node setup doesn't seem to support such a use case.
Are drbd users forced to choose between live migrations and DR?

Keith Coleman