[DRBD-user] When would acitivity log take effect?

Lyre 4179e1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:23:14 CEST 2011

Hi all:

DRBD background resync doesn't promise the IO write order, is that right ?

However, when would actitivy log take effect? In my opinion, it is
similiar to SRL in VVR. But I'm confused, I'm curious how does it
work.

Considering this situtaion:

Oracle runs on Primary node (node1) , while secondary node (node2) disconnected.

when I connect the drbd on node2, the background resync begin.  If
node crashed during background sync, could it be possible to bring the
oracle up no node2? Or is there a way to keep the secondary
consistent? SRL in VVR was able the keep the IO write order.