[DRBD-user] DRBD RA Error

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Tue Sep 20 20:53:54 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

I assume the "linbitt" above is just a typo when you put it in the messages (should be "ocf:linbit:drbd")?

> lrmadmin[4153]: 2011/09/20_10:51:25 ERROR:
> lrm_get_rsc_type_metadata(578): got a return code HA_FAIL from a
> reply
> message of rmetadata with function get_ret_from_msg.
> ERROR: ocf:linbit:drbd: could not parse meta-data:
> ERROR: ocf:linbit:drbd: no such resource agent
>
> Warnings in Log:
>
> Sep 20 10:51:25 mydrbd1 lrmd: [3560]: WARN: on_msg_get_metadata:
> empty
> metadata for ocf::linbit::drbd.
>
> /dev/drbd/by-res/r0.res
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/linbit/drbd
>
> crm(live)ra# classes
> heartbeat
> lsb
> ocf / heartbeat linbit pacemaker
> stonith
>
> crm(live)ra# list ocf linbit
> drbd
>
> DRBD is installed and working as expected manually.
>
> Only "drbd" is in /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/linbit/. No other files
>
> /etc/init.d/drbd status
> drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
> version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
> srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
> m:res     cs         ro                 ds                 p  mounted
>   fstype
> 0:r0_res  Connected  Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C
>  /service  ext3

Is your resource named r0.res or r0_res?  Above the output of status looks like its "r0_res" but in the primitive above you have "r0.res"?  The pacemaker line "params drbd_resource="r0.res"" expects the name of the resource you used in the drbd resource definition - resource xxxx { } - not the name of the resource definition file in /etc/drbd.d/