[DRBD-user] Please Help With /dev/drbd0

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Sep 13 14:13:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 09/11/2011 12:31 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> /drbd          -> /dev/sda7

are you trying to mount your meta disk? That doesn't seem to make any sense.

> 2) I had, and still having trouble with /dev/drbd0, where did this
> little fellow come from? I was kind of taken by surprise

You issued "drbdadm up", I presume. This creates /dev/drbd0. It's in
your DRBD config.

> After switching the primary role from mydrbd1 to mydrbd2 and vice
> versa, I was able to partition the drive on both nodes.

Erm, what? I don't really see what you're implying. The steps should
have been:
1. partition drives of both nodes (identically in most cases)
2. initialize both meta disks
3. perform an initial DRBD sync, at the end of which either node is primary
4. do whatever you want with /dev/drbd0 (mkfs, mount)

> But still no replication

This:

> 0:r0_res  Connected  Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C  /service  ext3

says otherwise. Replication is going. If you want to see it work:

(on primary node)
echo foo >/service/testfile
umount /service
drbdadm secondary r0_res