[DRBD-user] Antwort: Re: slow to stall when sync kicks in

Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com
Wed Sep 7 16:25:38 CEST 2011

Have a look at the net parameters. Autotuning does not seem to do a good
job at high speeds. We had verifies starving the system to death with 2 10
Gbit cards with 300M syncer. This was a active-passive setup, but the
problem might be the same. Try send and recieve buffers at 10MB,  max
buffers 128k (maximum value), adaptive syncer settings (introduced in
8.3.10). We are now getting 550 Mb/s even during a ongoing verify.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Robert Köppl

Systemadministration

KNAPP Systemintegration GmbH
Waltenbachstraße 9
8700 Leoben, Austria
Phone: +43 3842 805-910
Fax: +43 3842 82930-500
robert.koeppl at knapp.com
www.KNAPP.com

Commercial register number: FN 138870x
Commercial register court: Leoben

The information in this e-mail (including any attachment) is confidential
and intended to be for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you have
received the e-mail by mistake, any disclosure, copy, distribution or use
of the contents of the e-mail is prohibited, and you must delete the
e-mail from your system. As e-mail can be changed electronically KNAPP
assumes no responsibility for any alteration to this e-mail or its
attachments. KNAPP has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that
any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for virus. However, KNAPP
does not accept any liability for damage sustained as a result of such
attachment being virus infected and strongly recommend that you carry out
your own virus check before opening any attachment.

Christophe Bouder <Christophe.Bouder at lip6.fr>
Gesendet von: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
07.09.2011 16:15
Bitte antworten an
Christophe.Bouder at lip6.fr

An
dsu at hemlock.com
Kopie
drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Thema
Re: [DRBD-user] slow to stall when sync kicks in

Hi,
We have exactly the same problem with large files copy.
We're running on Debian 64 bit, with kernel 3.0.3, drbd 8.3.11 and ocfs2
filesystem. We dedicated 2 10G ports to drbd.
Are you still encountering the same problem? Did you get some solutions
from drbd team? Did you find some tricks on your own?

Thanks in advance,