[DRBD-user] DRBD timing options

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at schwartzkopff.org
Tue Sep 6 21:24:27 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have DRBD set up in a virtual enviroment where I have some nasty timing
problems. From time to time I see:

kernel: block drbd0: PingAck did not arrive in time

in the logs and DRBD struggles a little bit to recover from the problem.

When I set the ping-timeout option to 100 (=10s) I get MORE of those errors.
Shouldn't be there less of those errors?

Are there any "best prictises" for the options
timeout
connect-int
ping-int
ping-timeout

Thanks for any help / hints into the right direction.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63