[DRBD-user] DRBD within VM

Christian Völker cvoelker at knebb.de
Wed Sep 7 12:15:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

I was able to solve nearly everything on my own. Of course I had to
re-configure VMware tools. No worries about this. And you're right- as
the tools where not properly configured initially drbd had no network
and no disk.

I'm just wondering why it ended up in a split-brain scenario in the
end...after re-configuring the VMware tools and rebooting the VM again
I'd have expected to be everything up and running again as network and
disks were available again while the secondary was still powered off.

I had to tell the primary to be primary again and then it ended in a
split-brain scenario which I had to resolve manually.

Greetings

Christian