[DRBD-user] Latency problems with DRBD 0.8.4 and a 3ware RAID5

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Sep 2 12:05:24 CEST 2011

On Thursday 01 September 2011 23:22:21 Ralf Gross wrote:
> Igor Neves schrieb:
> > Why people keep using bad hardware after million posts on the ML
> > reporting bad results?
> > Please, before using some RAID card, do a quick search on the mailing
> > lists and learn with other mistakes instead of doing the same mistakes.
> > 3ware cards are bad piece of crap. Use other cards, like Areca.
> Areca is not much better in my experience. Sadly I don't know what to
> recommend instead.

We do have kind of good experience with LSI, but we use their controllers only
to build our own software raid1. And to access the SAS-streamers.
But nowadays the intel-server-boards seem to have enough sata ports for lots
of disks. And why should I do raid1 on the disks in hw when I put a raid1 on
the disks in the network?

BTW: http://www.miracleas.com/BAARF/BAARF2.html

Have fun,

Arnold