[DRBD-user] DRBD inside KVM virtual machine

Nick Morrison nick at nick.on.net
Fri Oct 21 20:01:46 CEST 2011

On 21 Oct 2011, at 06:56, Nick Morrison wrote:

> Is there any easy and well defined way to set up a HA shared storage system with just two hosts, without using DRBD active/active?  NFS server+client on the same machine is problematic, but perhaps there's another method I haven't thought of.

Maybe I could use LXC to separate the NFS server and client :-)

(Specifically I'd like to run, on my two hosts, DRBD/??? to provide shared storage, and mount this shared storage locally for VM guests' disk image files to live on.  This enables live migration, and would allow quick and complete failover should we lose one node.)