[DRBD-user] Question on local block error behavior

Jojy Varghese jojy.varghese at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:00:53 CEST 2011

Hi
   We are testing drbd for our storage cluster and had a question
about the behavior we are seeing. we have layered drbd on top of a
device mapper layer. When we simulate a block error using the dm
layer, we see that the requests for those particular blocks is
forwarded to the peer node. We are using 8.3x version of drbd. The
documentation says that the default behavior is to takeout the
defective node even if there is 1 block error. Just wanted to verify
what the correct behavior is.

thanks in advance
Jojy