[DRBD-user] Split-brain following a ProtocolError on dual primary cluster

Cedric Rivard cedric.rivard at arteris.com
Mon Nov 28 12:09:22 CET 2011

Hi All,

I'd like to report what caused my phone to trigger its critical ring
tone on Saturday night, at a time everybody shall be partying :p

We have a dual primary DRBD cluster running on kernel version 2.6.38.8.
I think the logged messages are self explanatory and at the beginning
there's an lvm snapshot of drbd7 created on a local block device.
My first thought is that's an old bug from a past kernel revision; can
anybody confirm that ?

Regards
Cedric