[DRBD-user] DRBD and /var/lib/nfs

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Nov 23 10:14:43 CET 2011

On 11/18/2011 06:41 PM, William Seligman wrote:
> While reading the above document, I just learned about the Pacemaker exportfs
> resource. *headdesk* Is that the correct way to do it? If I used that resource,
> would I have to worry about maintaining state information in /var/lib/nfs across
> my cluster nodes?

I disbelieve so.

With the proper resource agent, you will have pacemaker issue
appropriate exportfs and exportfs -u calls to your local system. Thus
each NFS server has a clear picture of what is currently (exptected to
be) exported and what isn't.

Manipulating the NFS server's state information feels awfully hackish to
me in the first place.

HTH,
Felix