[DRBD-user] Any experiences with this kind of setup

Thomas Reinhold it-beratung at thomasreinhold.de
Wed Nov 23 10:00:21 CET 2011

Hi list,

I'm operating several DRBD clusters and am currently planning a new one.

I just would like to know if you have any experience with or suggestions for this kind of stack:

- RAID-Controller: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-4i with BBU and SAS-HDDs
-- DRBD (protocol C, 2-node)
--- LVM2
---- dm-crypt (aes:xts-plain:sha1:512)
----- VM (KVM)
------ DBMS (MySQL)

Everything is based on Ubuntu LTS (10.04). The DRBD version shipped with the OS is 8.3.7 with Ubuntu patches (2:8.3.7-1ubuntu2.2).

Any No-Nos in here? Any comments greatly appreciated!

  Thanks,

     Thomas