[DRBD-user] How to recover data from node3

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Wed Nov 16 14:58:20 CET 2011

On 11/16/2011 02:41 PM, fosiul alam wrote:
> Hi
> I was trying to simulate the process again ..
>
> Now when i tryed to make drbd1 as Secondary
>
> root at drbd1:~# /etc/init.d/drbd status
> drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
> version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
> srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
> m:res         cs          ro                 ds                 p
> mounted  fstype
> 0:home        Connected   Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C
> 1:data        Connected   Primary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C
> 10:home-U^^0  StandAlone  Secondary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----
> 11:data-U^^1  StandAlone  Secondary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----

fine ... so nearly ready for resync

> Now as described in documentation..
> in DRBD-DRS
>
> root at drbd-drs:/# /etc/init.d/drbd status
> drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
> version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
> srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
> m:res      cs          ro               ds                 p
> mounted  fstype
> 10:home-U  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----
> 11:data-U  StandAlone  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  r----
> root at drbd-drs:/# drbdadm connect home-U
> root at drbd-drs:/# drbdadm connect data-U
>
> root at drbd-drs:/# /etc/init.d/drbd status
> drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
> version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
> srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
> m:res      cs            ro               ds                 p  mounted
> fstype
> 10:home-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A
> 11:data-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A
>
> so its gone back to WFconnection ..

yes, because drbd2 is in Standalone mode ... so no drbd network
configuration on drbd2 ...

now you can execute the "drbdadm -S -- --discard-my-data connect
_stacked_resource_" cmd you read in DRBD users guide on drbd2 if you
want it to be Synctarget for drbd-drs.

Regards,
Andreas

--