[DRBD-user] How to recover data from node3

fosiul alam expertalert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:58:29 CET 2011

Hi Andreas

Thanks for your response.
I read that link so many times. and tryed what its say.. but not luck
bellow what i have done so far ..

Denmkar link :
root at drbd-drs:~# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
m:res      cs            ro               ds                 p  mounted
fstype
10:home-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A
11:data-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A

Uk link :

root at drbd1:~# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
m:res   cs         ro                   ds                 p  mounted
fstype
0:home  Connected  Secondary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C
1:data  Connected  Secondary/Secondary  UpToDate/UpToDate  C

now I need to make syncronization bewtween Drbd-drs to Drbd1

Because its Split Brain  according to document. I need to tell drbd1 to use
as secondary and syncronized from drbd-drs

so
in drbd1

root at drbd1:~# drbdadm secondary --stacked data-U
11: Failure: (127) Device minor not allocated
Command 'drbdsetup 11 secondary' terminated with exit code 10

so its does not take the secondary command ..

in drbd-drs ( im teling it to be primary )

root at drbd-drs:~# drbdadm primary data-U
root at drbd-drs:~# drbdadm primary home-U

root at drbd-drs:~# /etc/init.d/drbd status
drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
srcversion: EE47D8BF18AC166BE219757
m:res      cs            ro               ds                 p  mounted
fstype
10:home-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A
11:data-U  WFConnection  Primary/Unknown  UpToDate/DUnknown  A

root at drbd-drs:~# drbdadm connect data-U
11: Failure: (125) Device has a net-config (use disconnect first)
Command 'drbdsetup 11 net 172.31.3.4:7789 172.31.2.4:7789 A --set-defaults
--create-device --shared-secret=secret' terminated with exit code 10

so it does take those spilit brain command ..
I am missign something but dont understand what .. what steps are those ..

thanks for your help