[DRBD-user] Digest integrity check failed

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Nov 3 21:25:58 CET 2011

On 2011-11-03 21:16, Nick Morrison wrote:
> My question for the list is: any suggestions where to look for trouble first?  Any known bugs when using data-integrity-alg md5?  I am reasonably sure the network is ok - it's a link via a cisco 2960G, and the interfaces are not being shared with anything except heartbeat.  Syncer rate is 30M for both sides, and there are no errors on the "show int" stats on the cisco.  The interfaces are running at a gigabit.

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-integrity-check.html

Read the bullet list. Then start troubleshooting your network stack.
When you get "Digest integrity check FAILED" errors, you have every
reason _not_ to be sure the network is OK.

If you're running on borked Intel NICs from three years or so ago,
disabling TX or RX checksum offloading, or TSO, on the NICs in question
will help. See "man ethtool" for that.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Florian