[DRBD-user] online-resizing ext3-partition on top of drbd and lvm

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue May 31 09:37:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 05/31/2011 07:46 AM, lowshoe wrote:
> resize2fs /dev/drbd0
>
> can i now safely make this last step and resize the overlying
> ext3-partition online without data-loss or did i miss something? do i
> need to remount /dev/drbd0 at the end?

I believe this is supposed to be possible. I've heard of people hurting
themselves this way, though.

It is definitely safe to resize2fs on an unmounted volume. I wouldn't
dare online-resizing such a large (and mission-critical?) filesystem.

Other than that, yes, that's the only missing step.

Cheers,
Felix