[DRBD-user] loopback devices and DRBD w/Hearbeat

Jeff Humby jeff at 406strategies.com
Mon May 16 09:46:27 CEST 2011

Just to clarify, I'm using a server slice and I'm not able to reformat the disks that are on those slices. Therefore, I was stuck with the necessity to create a loop device if I chose to use drbd. Since you were so clear, I decided to change my mind about using loop devices and have decided to use a 'master master' replication between MySQL servers. It seemed to be a logical direction to go after getting your feedback.

I truly appreciate the feedback and I hope to implement drbd on another server cluster in the future. It's quite easy to configure (without loop devices :) ).

Take care,

/jh.