[DRBD-user] starting drbd fail

liumouwang666 liumouwang666 at 163.com
Thu Mar 31 04:09:15 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am sure, the .ko isn't present on my system, I execute the command
find / -name "drbd.ko" on my system, and then I cann't find the drbd.ko. I try to get the source code of drbd-8.3.10, and make install, I cann't find the .ko too. my linux kernel release is 2.6.5, whether the kernel release isn't suit drbd-8.3.10? or other reasons.

I get the following messages fromwww.drbd.org, my linux-2.6.18 is older than linux-2.6.33, that means I should install a kernel module package, But, where can I get a kernel module package and what release should I get?
This means that if your Linux distribution is shipped with a kernel older than 2.6.33 you have to install a kernel module package and packages for the user land code. If you distribution contains a Linux-2.6.33 kernel or newer you only need to install the user land code.