[DRBD-user] Using DRBD above a mirror softraid (RAID1) with XEN 5.61

John-Patrice Weigner john-patrice.weigner at gmx.net
Tue Mar 29 23:46:34 CEST 2011

Dear community,

I'm new to DRBD and configured my first test-machine with DRBD and Xen
Server 5.61 yesterday.
Now I'm curious if it is possible to use DRBD as listed above.

  The DRBD User Guide doesn't tell much about it, so I hope somebody
could explain me how to set up a RAID 1 under Citrix XEN 5.61. Let's say
I do have a LSI-Logic onboard SAS-RAID-controller shipped with my server.

Should I use the FakeRaid-Controller or better build a RAID1 with mdadm
under XEN Server (CentOS) itself? Are there any gotchas?

I read about some performance issues concerning RAID1 and DRBD. Is they
any solution with my version drbd-utils-8.3.10-1.i386.rpm?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

John