[DRBD-user] Heartbeat-ocf, init and timeouts

Johnson Fisher jfisher.bug at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:23:26 CET 2011

Hello,
I have a drbd configuration without quorum and without fencing.
The problem is when only one node is started it will get promoted by
heartbeat no matter if it has the latest data. When starting the second node
it will fall into split-brain.

I have now turned on drbd in init. This way the timeouts
(wfc-timeout, degr-wfc-timeout, ...) will be used and during startup one
node waits for the other.
What are the cons in starting drbd in init and then also using the
ocf-script with heartbeat? Because in the userguides it is always 'recommed'
to turn the drbd-init off when using heartbeat/pacemaker (e.g.:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-pacemaker-crm.html).

Thanks in advance
 regards
  Johnson