[DRBD-user] Get LVs after DRBD sync

Eduardo Gonzalez egrueda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:49:29 CET 2011

Hi all, I'm using DRBD with heatbeat to replicate an active/passive NAS cluster
Only one node at a time can be master, and this node will be set as
DRBD primary.

Last week we installed a new SAN on second node and rebuild raid. Then
I created partitions using parted and started a full DRBD replication
with first node.

After some days, sync is done, so filesystem should be usabe, but I
cannot see logical volumes on second node:
# pvscan -v
    Wiping cache of LVM-capable devices
    Wiping internal VG cache
    Walking through all physical volumes
  No matching physical volumes found

Of course, this second node is currently set as DRBD secondary, and
can't make it primary because cluster service is active on first node.

Question: after this full initial replication, will my second node
detect logical volumes? Do I need to make any action so already
created volumes get seen by my second node?

Thanks all.