[DRBD-user] Failover NFS using Pacemaker.

Caspar Smit c.smit at truebit.nl
Mon Mar 21 16:27:35 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm in the proces of creating a failover NFS cluster using heartbeat v3 and
pacemaker.

I read this (deprecated) wiki:

http://wiki.linux-ha.org/HaNFS

This wiki stated about having to share the /var/lib/nfs directory (on a DRBD
volume for instance)

After some more research I found the HA-NFS pdf on the linbit.com site
(under education).

In this document there is no mention of the /var/lib/nfs directory but in
stead a new resource agent (exportfs)

Does this exportfs resource agent deprecate the need for a shared
/var/lib/nfs or do I still need to do that?

ps. What about the nfsserver resource agent? Will I need that too?

Kind regards,
Caspar Smit