[DRBD-user] communication constantly terminated, always re-syncing

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Mar 15 17:04:03 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:16:19AM -0500, Cory Coager wrote:
> On 03/04/2011 09:42 AM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> >I wrote: my best guess is your NIC hardware is broken.  These logs are
> >more complete than what you posted before, though, so you _may_
> >just have a pathologicall case of data buffers modified in flight.
> I haven't upgraded drbd yet but I did replace the NIC's in both
> machines.  Unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue, I still see
> errors all day long.
>
> If I am a victim of data buffers modified in flight, is there any
> fix for this?  I read through your links and it seems like they have
> a custom kernel patch that is untested.  Is there any work around
> besides this?

As mentioned in the several times referenced thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/drbd-user@lists.linbit.com/msg03373.html:
	If you don't want to know about [data integrity digest mismatches],
	disable that check.
	If the replication link interruptions caused by that check
	are bad for your setup (particularly so in dual primary setups),
	disable that check.

So, maybe you want to disable that check?

 ;-)

--
: Lars Ellenberg