[DRBD-user] DRBD for 1 TB of data

Diego Remolina diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 10 13:44:31 CET 2011

drbd has had support for several Terabytes for a while and the old
limitations were overcomed by using the flexible-meta-disk option in the
configuration file.

I think the old limitations were 4TB in 0.7 and then it went up to 8TB
or even 16TB in 0.8 with the regular metadisk option.

For what is worth, I have a 12TB and 4TB drbd partitions which work just
fine, so 1 or 2TB for you should be fine.

/dev/drbd0             12T  1.9T   10T  16% /export/data
/dev/drbd1            4.0T  3.9T  128G  97% /export/scratch

Since you will be handling e-mail I would strongly recommend that your
backing storage is configured in raid 10 as that would give you the best
writing performance and e-mail implies lots of writes.

Diego