[DRBD-user] Question about DRBD replication using iscsi target

Sean McCreadie smccreadie at CanyonPartners.com
Tue Mar 8 23:55:39 CET 2011

Hello,

I have a basic question regarding the way drbd replication works.  I am using drbd 8.3.8 to mirror a volume that I am exporting using IET iscsi-target.  I am using protocol C and I have the iscsi-target exporting the volume using write-through IOMode.

Can I safely enable write-back mode on the iscsi-target with DRBD?  (independent of the inherent risks associated with write-back anyways, I have BBWC controller and UPS on server)

Will the memory buffering of writes affect data integrity on the peer node? Should or can I use another DRBD protocol?

I obviously am new to DRBD.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Sean McCreadie
Systems Administrator
Canyon Partners, LLC
2000 Avenue of the Stars