[DRBD-user] Partitioning /dev/drbd1

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue Mar 8 16:23:13 CET 2011

Hi,
I'm trying set up a redundant iscsi server using drbd but it seems I'm
unable to get the os to recognize the partitioning of the drbd device:

[root at storage2 ~]# fdisk  -l /dev/drbd1

Disk /dev/drbd1: 1073 MB, 1073672192 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 130 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/drbd1p1               1          25      200781   83  Linux
/dev/drbd1p2              26          50      200812+  83  Linux

[root at storage2 ~]# ls -d /dev/drbd*
/dev/drbd  /dev/drbd0  /dev/drbd1

I've already rebooted both nodes but the device nodes never show up in
/dev. Is there anything special that needs to be done for this to happen?

Regards,
   Dennis