[DRBD-user] Dual-primary split-brain recovery after reboot

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Tue Jun 21 18:13:06 CEST 2011

If a system properly shuts down drbd upon shutdown, then starts it up upon
reboot, I don't understand how there could be pending changes on it.
Shouldn't it just sync up to its peer and go?  Instead I get split-brain
every time I reboot a node.  What settings are required to just go
secondary, connect, sync, and then go primary upon reboot?