[DRBD-user] Building drbd

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Fri Jun 17 23:13:18 CEST 2011

On 06/17/2011 01:01 PM, Josef Vogt wrote:
>>> In the Changelog to 8.3.10 there is written:
>>>
>>> "Only build a single kernel module package on distributions that provide
>>> the infrastructure to have kernel version independent modules"
>>
>>rpmbuild -bb drbd-kernel.spec
>>
> I get the following error on both, drbd-8.3.10 and drbd-8.3.11rc2
> (translated from german):
> Error: Line 26: Unknown tag: %kernel_module_package -n drbd -p
> drbd/preamble -f drbd/filelist-redhat

yum install redhat-rpm-config

It's actually in the BuildRequires list, but that one's a Catch-22: if
redhat-rpm-config is not installed, then the %kernel_module_package
macro is not available, which means parsing the spec fails and rpmbuild
is unable to notify you of the missing build prerequisite.

Like I said, using prebuilt supported binaries makes all of this a
non-issue. :)

Florian