[DRBD-user] DRBD IO Errors - Diskless mode

motyllo8 motyllo8 at tlen.pl
Fri Jun 17 09:26:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

So, I am experimenting with handling I/O errors.

My test scenario is following:

I am writing some data, removing disk - io errors are then reported by kernel and handler is invoked (it is ok).

I am not writing data, removing disk - io errors are reported by kernel but hanlder is not invoked immediately.

So if I do not write any data to disk then I can not perform defined action exactly in time when failure occurs. What is reason of this?

Best regards